Monday, October 17, 2016

October 3rd-October 7th

Greetings Families,
        This week we are reading A Walk in the Desert.  We will be talking about the desert habitats, as well as other habitats during reading, writing and science!   Students generally enjoy this unit, as we get to do some more hands on activities to explore desert plants. 
        Over the summer, I set up a project on donorschoose.org titled, “Bouncy, Wobbly Seating for Bouncy, Wobbly 2nd Graders!”  In the project I requested wobble stools, small stability balls and floor cushions to provide my class with alternative seating.  I have been so impressed with students’ abilities to use the furniture in a safe and fair way.  It is time for me to create thank yous for our donors who made the project possible.  In my thank you package, I am asked to include photos.  I will not be using your child’s face in the photos, as I am just showing them using the furniture.  If you would not like me to include pictures of your child, please let me know in the communication notebook by this Friday.
        Remember, this Thursday evening (5-6:30pm) is Open House.  We would love to see you there!

This week’s focus words are as follows:
Spelling Words
Inflected Endings
Dropped         dropping
Excited           exciting
Lifted            lifting
Hugged           hugging
Smiled            smiling
Talked            talking
Amazing Words
Arid
Landform
Precipitation
Dunes
Ledge
Haven
Extinct
Forbidding

If you have any questions, please call the school, email me: alipal1@gpsk12.org or write me a note in the O.W.L. binder. 
All the Best,
Mrs.Palermo

Important Dates:
October 6th- Picture Day
October 6th- Open House 5- 6:30
October 27th- Early Dismissal 11:55 Parent/ Teacher Conferences
October 28th- Early Dismissal 11:55 Parent / Teacher Conferences

October 28th All School Meeting 8:30

No comments:

Post a Comment